2014-08-19

DELIGHTFUL RAW, VEGAN CHOCOLATE CAKE TOPPED WITH FIG JAM


Hi there, dear Ones <3 We have had a gloomy and rainy day here, perfect for snuggle up in the couch, drink tea and eat something delicious. As I talked to my dear friend earlier today, she said to me that I should eat some cake, Yes I agreed;) and it felt like a perfect day to create a New yummy cake recipe. This is what I came up with, a raw, vegan chocolate cake topped with fig jam. Yum! I hope that this cake will make your taste buds dance;P


Delightful Raw, Vegan Chocolate Cake topped with Fig Jam

Cake
2 cups/5 dl almond or cashew meal (if you don't have meal, process nuts in a food processor/blender until a course meal is formed)
1 cup/2.5 dl dried dates 
3 tbsp cacao or carob powder
A pinch of pink Himalayan salt

Fig jam
1 cup/2.5 dl dried or fresh figs, finely chopped
4 tbsp lemon juice
4 tbsp water
2 tsp lemon zest (optional)


Cake: Mix all ingredients till smooth in a food processor. Add a bit of water or almond milk if needed.

Jam: Chop the figs into small pieces. Mix all ingredients in a blender till smooth. 

Press out the cake dough on a cake platter. You can create any shape you want;) I chose to make a heart. Spread the fig jam on top. Serve as it is, or with berries/fruit of your choice. Enjoy <3

No comments:

Post a Comment